There are several opportunities for visits, sabbaticals, and postdocs in the center.
If you are interested in a short visit or sabbatical, please contact the center's director, Moses Charikar.
Postdoc positions: The center for computational intractability will have several postdoc positions for the 2014-2015 academic year. Instructions how to apply are as follows:
1. Visit the web site https://jobs.princeton.edu/.
2. Click on search open positions in the top left corner of the web page. Choose in the "department" field "Computer Science – 175" and click "search".
3. Choose the posting with job title "Post Doctoral Research Associate" (requisition number = #1300791) by clicking "view" and then click "apply to this posting".
4. You will need to create a new user account with this system by choosing "fill out a new application", answer all questions and then you will be prompted to fill in the application for postdoc position. Don't forget to attach cover letter, CV, research statement, and details for 3 reference letter writers. In your cover letter please indicate whether you'd like to be considered for other positions as well.
5. After you applied via the above process, we would appreciate if you let us know that you did so by sending an email to postdoc.intractability with your name, affiliation, and the list of references.
6. To ensure we can give your application our full consideration please fill out the application by and make sure reference letters are submitted by as well (the system will automatically request the letters).
In addition to these there are visiting and postdoc positions in all our member institutions: IAS, NYU, Princeton, and Rutgers (including the DIMACS center). We encourage people to apply to all institutions they are possibly interested in. For your convenience we include below some information on the positions available in these institutions, although you should contact each place to get the most up-to-date information:
- IAS: Postdocs, sabbatical, and short visitor positions available. See http://www.math.ias.edu/csdm/postdocs for more information.
- Princeton University: Postdocs, sabbatical, and short visitor positions available, as well as a graduate-student exchange program. See http://www.cs.princeton.edu/theory/index.php/Main/Opportunities for more information.
- NYU: See http://www.math.nyu.edu/postdoctoral_positions/index.html for postdoc information.
- DIMACS: Postdoc positions available, see http://dimacs.rutgers.edu/Applications/postdoc.html for more information.
Listings for other job opportunities, at various institutions, can be found at TCS Jobs.